This agreement made between Midwest Energy & Communications (hereinafter called “MEC”) and Member Name (hereinafter called “Customer”). Customer agrees to control by MEC’s Load Management System of an irrigation system associated with the account number above under the following terms and conditions:
- This Interruptible Irrigation Service Agreement shall not in any manner void or replace the agreement for electric service to the irrigation system but shall be supplemental to the agreement.
- Customer agrees to accept interruptible electric service under Rate IR and to abide by the terms and conditions of said rate.
- Customer agrees MEC may install, maintain and test remote control switching equipment on or near the pump controller for the purpose of interrupting irrigation pump service. Ownership of all installed switches will remain with MEC.
- MEC-installed switches shall remain sealed at all times and opened only by authorized MEC employees or its agents. Any tampering with or override of the interruptible function of the control unit by unauthorized person(s) may terminate this agreement, in which case bills for usage may revert back to the uncontrolled rate.
- Customer may terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason. If agreement is terminated, bills for usage will revert back to the uncontrolled rate.
- Agreement may be terminated if the irrigation system covered is found to be operating without MEC permission during a designated interruptible period. If agreement is terminated, bills for usage will revert back to the uncontrolled rate.
- MEC recognizes that under certain circumstances, Customer may have temporary need to operate the irrigation system and that such operation would put Customer in violation of this agreement. Temporary operation of the irrigation system during an interruptible period will be allowed only with advanced permission of MEC.
- MEC agrees to control a maximum of five (5) hours in any given 24-hour period. Control may occur any time, including weekends and holidays. Typical control times are between 5-8 p.m., but may occur earlier or later if necessary. We will attempt to contact all accounts on load management by telephone on control days.
- In the event of an emergency that threatens the stability and integrity of MEC’s electric distribution system, or if an emergency is declared by the regional transmission operator, MEC may utilize its load management system to control load as necessary until the emergency no longer exists.
- Customer shall hold MEC harmless for any crop damage, which may occur or be alleged to occur as a result of the interruption of service under the terms of this agreement.
- This agreement shall become effective on the date indicated below with signature and shall remain in effect until terminated by either party giving two (2) months written notice to the other party.
Customer shall cause this agreement to be executed by their signature or an authorized representative’s signature on the date indicated.